This creates a page template giving you a blank page so only the content of the page is displayed. Header and footer are totally empty. This is great for page builders (Beaver Builder, Divi, etc), landing pages and squeeze pages.
This plugin will load everything that is normally included in the wp_head() and wp_footer(), so all scripts and styles should load as normal.
- Unzip and upload the plugin into the plugins directory and then activate it.
- Go to Pages
- Add New, or select an existing page
- Scroll down on the right (in theory) and select the page template called “Blank Slate”
Contributors & Developers
“Blank Slate” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Blank Slate” has been translated into 5 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Blank Slate” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fix minor WP compatibility issue: wp_body_open().
- Enhancement: Allow themes to override plugin templates
- Maintenance: Add wp_body_open() template tag
- Security: Update Lodash version
- Updated code to meet coding standards.
- Added support for language translations.
- Bugfix for template context. Prevent assigned template from being used on archive pages where the first page is using the Blank Slate template.
- Removed old approach that is only supported in WordPress version 4.6 and older.
- Updated code for better integration with the pro version.
- Updated code to better adhere to WordPress coding standards.
- Tested in WordPress 5.0.
- Showing title for themes that don’t support title-tag
- Template that is loaded now loads viewport correctly
- Fixes where it will work with WP 4.7.0
- Initial release