ACF for the backend and BuddyForms for the frontend. ACF is the preferred choice for creating post metaboxes for the edit screen in the WordPress backend (wp-admin). It comes packed with tons of great form elements and features.
ACF Frontend Submissions. Make your admin edit screen accessable for your users in the frontend without the need to switch to the admin backend. BuddyForms ACF works with all ACF Extensions and BuddyForms Extensions and let you create extream powerfull solutions that are fully accessable from the forntend.
Advanced Custom Fields Form Types
ACF Contact Form
Use any ACF Field or ACF Group in BuddyForms Contact Forms
ACF Registration Form
create powerfull registratio froms from ACF Fields or Field Groups. Create new user during post or data submission of a acf form. Mix registration and post data into one form by using ACF insite a BuddyForms Form.
ACF Post Form
Use any ACF Field or Field Group and use it in a BuddyForms Post Form as form Element. Benefit from all the functionalety BuddyForms bring into post forms to create edit and delete posts from the frontend. BuddyForms is a full Frontend CMS that helps your users create and manage content from the frontend.
List Submissions made with a ACF Form in the frontendn and enable the author to manage there submissions based on there user rights. Every form comes witha permission section to define create – edit and delete capabillities.
Display Formdata vs Display ACF Fields
You can use any ACF field in BuddyForms to display data in themes and pages with gutenberg or pagebuilders. On top, ACF is supported in all major page builders so you can access any data just as used to in your theme mor pagebuilder. Anyway, BuddyForms coems with some hzandy functionallety to display form any data submitted by a form.
ACF Profile Forms
Create Author and Profile Pages for your Member with ACf and let your users change there Profile information with a handy profile form to manage all the data from one place.
ACF BuddyPress – ACF BuddyBoss
Use Acf with BuddyPress and BuddyForms Members to create a new Profile tab from a field or field group
ACF Ultimate Member
Use Acf with BuddyPress and BuddyForms Ultimate Members to create a new Profile tab from a acf field or acf field group
ACF Guest Post
Create all lthe relevant views for guest posts with ACF and BuddyForms Moderation and create a content creation process that make guest submissions with ACF possible.
ACF User Generated Content
Create ACF Forms to collect User Generated Content of any kind with ease. This can be a file upload or any kind of content type. Enable your members to access there data data.
ACF Payed Forms
Create Payed ACF Submissions and let your users pay to use a ACF Form or edit exiting content with the BuddyForms pay for Submission Extension.
With BuddyForms you get a tons of features to make sure your Content ios valide and stay live while somone is editing a post. BuddyForms cover all the needs of a content creatin review process. We are working on new features to validate tehj qualety of your content all the time. Find out more about BuddyForms Moderation and Notification System and in the Documentation
Advanced Custom Fields Extension
You can use any ACF extension with BuddyForms. BuddyForms ACF should be fully comatible
Use ACF to create a BuddyPress Component
Create a BuddyPress Members Component or extend your groups with ACF fields!
Use ACF for all your form fields
With ACF enabled you build your form fields once and use everywhere. Use ACF for all form elements needed and just integrate the ACF field groups or single fields in your BuddyForms forms. You can use any ACF Field or Custom ACF Fields with BuddyForms and combine them with BuddyForms Fields and Extensions. If you use ACF, no need to use buddyForms form elements. just use BuddyForms for the frontend CMS to build the Forntend Post Forms and Submission lists to manage post submissions from the frontend.
Sync ACF with BuddyPress
Now you are able to Sync your ACF field under BuddyForms with BuddyPress xProfile.
Documentation & Support
Extensive Documentation and Support
All code is neat, clean and well documented (inline as well as in the documentation).
The BuddyForms Documentation comes with many how-to’s! https://docs.buddyforms.com/
If you still get stuck somewhere, our support gets you back on the right track. You can find all help buttons in your BuddyForms Settings Panel in your WP Dashboard!
Download and install the plugin using the built-in WordPress plugin installer.
If you download BuddyForms manually, make sure it is uploaded to “/wp-content/plugins/”.
Activate the plugin in the “Plugins” admin panel using the “Activate” link. If you’re using WordPress Multisite, you can also activate BuddyForms network wide.
Can I Create Advanced Custom Fields Forms
Yes, you can create Simple Contact Forms or Complex Contact Forms with any ACF Field Type
Can I Create advanced Custom Fields Post Form
Yes, you can create post forms for user submissions from the front end for any post type
Can I use Advanced Custom Fields Frontend Moderation
Yes, you can use the Moderation Extension and create Moderation queries in the frontend for your moderators to moderate advanced custom fields frontend forms submissions and comunicate with the submitter if needed during the review process.
Contributors & Developers
“Advanced Custom Fields Frontend Forms – ACF Forms – ACF Post Form – ACF Registration Form – ACF Content Form – ACF Profile Form” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
1.3.16 – 06 Feb 2024
- Fixed issue with JS dependencies of ACF pro fields.
- Updated Freemius SDK
- Tested up to WordPress 6.4.3
1.3.15 – 19 Nov 2023
- Updated Freemius SDK
- Tested up to WordPress 6.4.1
1.3.14 – 18 May 2023
- Tested up to WordPress 6.2.1
1.3.13 – 06 Nov 2022
- Updated download link in TGM class.
- Tested up to WordPress 6.1
1.3.12 – 08 Sep 2022
- Fixed issue with multiple ACF fields used in the same form.
- Tested up to WordPress 6.0.2
1.3.11 – 22 Aug 2022
- Fixed issue with fields value update.
1.3.10 – 17 Aug 2022
- Fixed issue with group field elements.
1.3.9 – 16 Aug 2022
- Fixed security issue.
- Improved Freemius integration.
- Tested up to WordPress 6.0.1
1.3.8 – 17 May 2022
- Updated readme.txt
1.3.7 – 04 Mar 2022
- Fixed issue with ACF .js file path.
- Tested up to WordPress 5.9
1.3.6 – 27 Sep 2021
- Tested up with WordPress 5.8
1.3.5 – 8 March 2021
- Tested up with WordPress 5.7
1.3.4 – 6 April 2020
- Fixed the label for single and groups ACF fields. Thanks to Patty O’Hara
1.3.3 – 23 March 2020
- Fixed the validation because it was not letting to submit the form after one error was catch.
- Improved the compatibility with BuddyForms labels and required signal.
1.3.2 – 28 Feb 2020
- Fixed the code correction alert. Thanks to
1.3.1 – 18 Feb 2020
- Fixed the function to load the values in a ACF Field in a Registration Form.
1.3.0 – 11 Feb 2020
- Improved the form submission with the version of BuddyForms.
- Fixed the functionality to store the ACF data into the user meta.
- Added compatibility with BuddyPress and now is possible to sync from ACF with BuddyPress xProfile.
1.2.11 – 28 Jan 2020
- Added support for Registration and Contact Forms.
1.2.10 – 28 Jan 2020
- Fixed the single ACF Field element wrapper.
1.2.9 – 28 Jan 2020
- Improved the assets load to avoid cache issue when something changes.
1.2.8 – 18 Jan 2020
- Added a style coming from ACF wrapper.
1.2.7 – 18 Jan 2020
- Fixed the validation issue when the form not have any invalid fields.
1.2.6 – 18 Jan 2020
- Fixed submit form issue.
1.2.5 – 18 Jan 2020
- Fixed the validation issue.
- Improved compatibility with last version of BuddyForms.
1.2.4 – 11 Oct 2019
- Fixed the acf field validation making buddyforms ignore fields from ACF, them ACF field run their own validation.
1.2.3 – 7 Sept 2019
- Fixed the required signal to look like BF.
- Fixed the field validation.
- Integrated the field validation with BF.
1.2.2 – Mar. 02 2019
- Freemius SDK Update
- Fixed an issue with conditional logic
- Freemius update
- Freemius update
- Fixed an issue reported and fixed by Patty When ACF goes to render the field it expects the value just to be an array of ids
- Changed the acf instructions form smal to span with class help-inline. props go to Patty for letting me know!
- Added Text Domain: buddyforms
- Added conditional logic. Works only with ACF Groups
- Acf field groups should work now nice in free and pro of acf
- Conditional logic only works with field groups. Clean up all conditional code from single field.
- Added the label to the acf fields.
- Make all work even if you switch from free to pro or pro to free of ACF or if you have both activated.
- Added support for google maps, date, color picker, taxonomies and all other js based form elements.
- all form elements of ACF free and pro are now supported.
- Several smaller fixes
- Code clean up
- Freemius integration
- fixed a tgm issue if acf was installed it still asked for acf free
- Fixed an issue with the dependencies management. If pro was activated it still ask for the free version. Fixed now with a new default BUDDYFORMS_PRO_VERSION in the core to check if the pro is active.
- Add dependencies management with tgm
- Rename buddyforms_add_form_element_to_select to buddyforms_add_form_element_select_option
- Support for the form builder select box added
- Make sure we have all in place if people switch from acf free to pro.
- There was also an issue with the field in pro. Should work now with free and pro. Maybe it makes sense to split the plugin into free and pro to have the code separated
- Fixed a incompatible issue with the pro version of acf groups
- Only show form type related form elements
- Fixed a issue with the conditional logic
- Fixed a issue with acf field groups not getting saved.
- Rename acf to acf-group if type is acf group
- There have been some wired css issues. Fixed now by wp_dequeue_style colors-fresh.
- final 1.0 version