It’s the only plugin that will help you pass Google Page Speed image size optimization test. Furthermore, it compresses image file size, so you get a performance boost and improve your page rank in Google.
The plugin uses Google Page Speed Insights API to optimize images. All you need is a Google console account and an API key.
Image Optimization runs in the background on Google servers, so the site will keep its performance intact. There are no special server requirements.
- Site should be available for Google Page Speed test
- PHP 7
If you have any feedback or ideas, please raise an issue in our GitHub repository:
Plugin is compatible with such plugins:
In the upcoming releases, we plan to add compatibility with WordPress MultiSite installation.
just-image-optimizerplugin to your
- Activate the plugin through ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Configure your API key and desired settings via the
Media -> Just Image Optimizersettings page.
- My image optimization is always “0.00% saved”
- Please open plugin Settings page. It will check for plugin requirements on your server.
- If you don’t have any errors on Settings page, then please check logs. You should see that plugin try to optimize at least 1 attachment.
- Next step is to check that Optimize request URL is accessible by Google Page Speed (just copy it and try to test it with the service).
- If nothing help, please write to us on Github with screenshots of your Settings page, Log page and last Log details page.
- Can I revert original images quality?
To revert original quality of the images, you can use Regenerate Thumbnails plugin.
Just regenerate a single image or all images at once to create new images from the source.
Contributors & Developers
“Just Image Optimizer” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Just Image Optimizer” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Update: Skip log if no attachments found.
- New: Added notice if site is not available online.
- New: Added notice if PHP version is below 7.0.
- Bug fix: Dashboard image size statistics fatal error.
- New: Added notice if wp-content is not writable, cause it’s required for storing files.
- Bug fix: Fake cron run without plugin settings saved.
- Added compatibility with Just Responsive Images plugin (v1.5+)
- Added compatibility with Regenerate Thumbnails plugin (v3+)
- Upgraded optimization logic to continuosly optimizing images with several tries, due to unstable Google Page Speed API responses.
- Improved Log.
- First beta version of the plugin. We still work on compatibility with 3rd party plugins and WordPress MultiSite installation.