Vidsy.tv is a free video CMS and a full WordPress video gallery solution; a simple tool that helps you manage videos on your website and create custom video galleries. Keep an organized video page with all the videos you collect for your audience, maintain video galleries on different pages or sections of your website and do all of this in seconds and without having to change any line of code on your site.
Organize videos from Youtube, Vimeo or Ustream into video playlists, add your own title and descriptions and add this playlists to your posts, galleries, pages, sidebars or footers simply by using the widgets in your dashboard.
Some cool features that you get:
- Instantly create video playlists.
- Add your own metadata to your playlists and videos.
- Easily add your video playlists to any WordPress menu, page, post or sidebar.
- Customize your main video page and keep it automatically updated with all the new videos you collect on your playlists.
- Customize your widgets.
- Follow Youtube, Vimeo and Ustream accounts directly form your dashboard without having to keep independent accounts: specially useful for community managers.
- Use our Bookmarklet to add videos to your WP directly from the source, without having to open html or change your code.
- Connect your Facebook and Twitter accounts and get directly on your dashboard all the videos that are shared on your social networks.
Check out some Vidsy’s WordPress video galleries demos here:
- Upload the plugin to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Appearance -> Widgets and add any of our Vidsy’s Widgets to your theme’s widget areas (configure them as you like)
- Use the Vidsy Wizard; a button located at your post/page editor (look for Vidsy’s logo) to easily insert our shortcode to display your full-site or a player with a playlist or your recent videos inside any page or post.
- You can also use the “related videos” box, located below the Publish box in the new page/post page in wp-admin, to auto insert videos after your posts content (per post/page setting).
- Will there be new features and integration of the Vidsy.tv service with WordPress?
Yes, we are working to bring more Vidsy’s Widgets into WordPress directly to make your life easier.
- What types of videos can I collect and share on my website?
YouTube, Vimeo and Ustream videos (for the moment).
- How can I add playlists to my website
Just go to your Vidsy’s dashboard and you will find a complete section of Widgets, choose the widget you need, customize it and copy-paste the code on the html of the area you want (page, sidebar, footer, etc).
- Can I customize a video page with all my playlists?
Yeah, you have different themes to choose from, and you can customize them to look like your website.
- Can I change the URL of my video page for my own URL?
Oh yeah! go to your settings and change the URL (you will need to create a subdomain on your side and point it to your Vidsy.tv account)
- How do I add videos to my video gallery?
- Use the search engine on your dashboard to find videos on Youtube, Vimeo or Ustream by keyword, then click on collect.
- Search by url on the search engine.
- Use the bookmarklet whenever you are browsing the web.
- I am a community manager, can I follow videos on Youtube, Vimeo or Ustream accounts from my dashboard?
Yep, you can follow those accounts, each time there is a new video uploaded to a certain account it will show on your timeline.
- Can I connect my Facebook and Twitter accounts and get on my timeline new videos that are shared on my social networks?
Yes you can!
- Can I send you guys an email with ideas/comments/requests?
Please do, shoot us an email to email@example.com
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Vidsy.tv Video Gallery and Video CMS” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Tested compatibility with WordPress 4.7.x
- Tested compatibility with WordPress 4.3
- Tested compatibility with WordPress 4.2
- Tested compatibility with WordPress 4.1
- New “related videos” metabox in post/page editing. You can now auto insert a horizontal related videos (from your recent videos or a single playlist, you choose) after the post content.
- WordPress 3.9 compatibility.
- New “Wizard” to configure our shortcode without need to remember any flag or variable involved. Just search for the Vidsy button inside the WordPress post/page editor and have fun! 😉
- New Widget: recent videos from a single playlist, vertical, suitable for a sidebar.
- New Widget: player with your recent videos and playlists.
- New Shortcode type flag available, to embed a full Player with your recent videos and playlists to any post/page:
[vidsy type="playerrecentandplaylists" width="100%" height="430px" theme="light"]
- Check out a demo of the new shortcode flag (
playerrecentandplaylists) in action here
- Resolved a PHP Warning on admin settings screen (Thanks to Camila Ramirez for the report!)
- New Widget available: Player with videos from a single Playlist.
- New Shortcode type flag available, to embed a full Player with videos from a single Playlist to any post/page:
[vidsy type="playerplaylist" playlist="name of the playlist" width="100%" height="430px" theme="light"]
- Check out a demo of the new shortcode flag (
playerplaylist) in action here
- New Widget available: Player with your Recent Videos.
- New Shortcode flag (type) let you embed a full Player with your Recent videos at any page/post:
[vidsy type="playerrecent" width="100%" height="430px" theme="dark"]
- Check out a demo of the shortcode (with the flag:
playerrecent) in action here
- Added banner image (at plugin page) and readme file corrected. So sorry for the updates!.
- New options page. Set your account once, all Widgets will sync automatically with your settings.
- Access your Vidsy.tv dashboard directly from your WordPress dashboard.
- New shortcode to integrate a full-site video gallery to any WordPress page. Give it a try!:
[vidsy width="100%" height="800px"](*) width/height optional, in pixels or percentage.
Width defaults to 100%, height to 800 pixels.
If you want a dark one, set the flag theme like this:
[vidsy width="100%" height="800px" theme="dark"]
- First released version.